How to restart (reset) a display?
BRAVIA Professional Display runs the Android OS, which is also used in many smartphones and tablets.
As with these devices, resetting your display is an effective method to resolve some issues such as “the picture does not appear”, “only sound is output”, “the remote control does not work”, or “the App is extremely slow.”
Perform the following operations to reset the display.
【Restart the display】
If display is turned off, turn it on first and perform the following operation.
- Point the remote control to the illumination LED or status LED and press and hold the POWER button of the remote control for about 5 seconds, or until a message Power off appears.
NOTE: Depending on the model and OS, the Cancel or Restart screen may appear after pressing the POWER button on the remote control for 3 seconds or longer.
In that case, you can also select Restart to restart.
- The display should restart automatically.
Wait for approximately one minute, and the display will turn back on.
If it does not reboot, press the POWER button on the remote control to turn on the display.
- Display reset operation is complete. Check to see if your issue has been resolved.
【Unplug and plug in power cable】
If the situation does not change after pressing the POWER button on the remote control, try the following steps.
If you leave the display with the power cord (mains lead) disconnected, the electricity that remains in the unit will be discharged.
As a result, unnecessary data and error information in the memory will return to their defaults, and allow you to use the display again normally.
- Turn off the display.
- Unplug the display power cord (mains lead) from the electrical outlet.
- Let the display remain without power for 2 minutes.
- Plug the power cord (mains lead) back into the electrical outlet.
【Press the power button on the display for about 40 seconds until the display turns off】
This method has the same effect as disconnecting and connecting the power cord.
This functionality is available only for FY21 or later models.