Appendix I. Playlist download specification
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
When publishing playlists to displays, playback contents can be downloaded to a USB flash memory connected to the display and instead of network streaming these downloaded files can be played. This section describes the download specifications and notices.
Of the playlists of the [Schedule Delivery] page and [Interrupt Delivery] page, the playlists with “download” enabled are downloaded.
Trigger Content Download Starts
Content download starts at the trigger as seen in the following: It should be noted that the trigger is in accordance with “Download” in the [Settings] page.
[a] If “Download at the fixed time” is selected
- Download starts at the time configured on the [Settings] page.
[b] If “Download immediately when particular event causes as settings change” is selected
Download starts as seen in the following:
Playlist used in [Schedule Delivery] page
- When the [Publish] button is pushed, download starts.
- When BRAVIA turns from offline to online such as rebooting display, download starts.
Playlist used in [Interrupt Delivery] page
- When the interrupt delivery is saved on the [Interrupt Delivery] page, download starts.
- When the playlist is saved on the [Playlist] page, download starts.
- When BRAVIA turns from offline to online such as when rebooting the display, download starts.
Redownload to update after registered content and playlist are updated
If playlists and contents are updated, download starts as seen in the following:
[a] If downloaded playlist are updated
- BRAVIA Signage checks the newest playlist when the download starts such as above “Trigger Content Download Starts”, and BRAVIA Signage updates the downloaded content by re-downloading and deletion.
[b] If contents used in downloaded playlist are updated
- BRAVIA Signage checks the newest contents on the contents library when the download starts. BRAVIA Signage refers to the Last-Modified header or Etag header in HTTP response from the contents library to check whether the content is updated or not. If these headers are not included in HTTP response from the contents library, BRAVIA Signage will always download not only updated contents, but also non-updated ones.
Playback of not downloaded contents
If the downloaded playlist has not been downloaded, contents in the playlist are played back via the network. After download is completed, it switches to playback with downloaded files.
- The downloaded content is saved in the USB memory connected to the BRAVIA USB port. BRAVIA Signage will not be able to recognize the content directly copied to the USB memory on a PC, etc. as downloaded content.
- BRAVIA Signage doesn’t support multiple USB insertion. You can use only one USB memory for each display.